Our Precautions Given COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
March 16, 2020
You are the most important part of Friendly Kia. We want you always to have an exceptional experience when you are our guest at our dealership.
In light of ongoing developments resulting from the coronavirus (COVID-19) and to assure you that the public health, safety, and well-being of our customers and employees remain our highest priority, it's important we share with you the steps we are taking as the situation continues to unfold.
While the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have said there is likely no way to stop the virus from spreading, they have also emphasized that there is no need to panic. The Friendly Kia agrees with the Center for Disease Control and is taking precautions to protect our customers and employees.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness - Make sanitation and hygiene a top priority
Friendly Kia has taken additional steps to increase public health information, health awareness, and sanitation measures throughout each of our dealerships.
First, we have put in place guidance from our management teams for each of our team members detailing how to protect against transmission of the virus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Keep nose and mouth covered when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Sick employees will stay at home.
- Employees with concerns about the virus, should see a doctor for evaluation immediately. If the employee is diagnosed with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), per CDC guidelines they must quarantine and not return for work for 14 days.
- Friendly Kia who are well, but have a sick family member at home with Coronavirus (COVID-19) must refer to CDC guidance for how to conduct a risk assessment of potential exposure.
Second, we have enhanced the techniques and cleaning of our dealership including increasing the frequency of our cleaning, and in particular, paying special attention to clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the showrooms, restrooms and waiting areas.
Third, we have upgraded our cleaning products to EPA-approved solutions to ensure the maximum benefit.
Friendly Kia will continue closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, including guidance from medical professionals, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO), and we will continue to respond and adapt based on the published advisories of public health authorities.
Again, you are the most important part of Friendly Kia and we are here to service you and your vehicle to the best of our ability. During this unprecedented time, we will be here for you.