2018 Kia Rio vs. 2017 Kia Rio
If you thought the 2017 Kia Rio was fun – and it is – then you're going to totally flip over the 2018 Kia Rio! While this latest generation of the popular subcompact keeps the same elements that make the Rio Kia's best-selling model globally – fun, value, and fuel savings – the 2018 Rio ups the ante to provide more fun, more savings, and more features.
Read on for our comparison of these two super subcompacts.
- The 2017 Rio has a fine 138 horsepower, a huge edge over most subcompacts on the market, and the 2018 Rio has an also-nice 130 HP, but with an upturn in fuel economy from the 2017 Rio's 27 mpg city, 36 mpg highway with a new figure of 28 mpg city, 37 mpg highway for 2018.
- The 2018 Rio will have available UVO eServices, with a 7-inch touchscreen, while the 2017 Rio had a formidable audio system but a smaller 4.3-inch touchscreen.
- The 2017 Rio starts at a nice low price of less than $12,000 with our available Friendly Kia VIP discount, while the 2018 Rio also is available for a substantial discount at Friendly Kia of New Port Richey, FL.
|2018 Kia Rio||Vs.||2017 Kia Rio|
|28, 37||MPG (city, highway)||27, 36|
|3 (S added for 2018)||Trim Options||2|
|7 inches||Max. Touchscreen Size||4.3 inches|
|89.9||Passenger Room (cubic feet)||88.4|
|Yes||Available Autonomous Emergency Braking?||No|
Reserve Your 2018 Kia Rio at Friendly Kia, Serving the Tampa, Clearwater and St. Petersburg Area
Some other differences between the 2018 Rio and the 2017 Rio model:
- The 2018 Kia Rio will be the revamped fourth generation of the nameplate, with a longer and wider frame, and a lower wheelbase, among other revamps; the 2017 Kia Rio is the last of the third generation of this nameplate.
- Autonomous Emergency Braking will be available for the 2018 Rio, which will pump the brakes if someone or something jumps in front of your Rio at the last moment and you don't have time to react; the 2017 Rio does not have this feature.
- The 2017 Rio comes in two trim options, the LX and EX; the 2018 Rio will come in three trims, with the S added as a mid-level trim.
Whichever model year you prefer, look for the Kia Rio on the lot at Friendly Kia, 5819 US Highway 19 in New Port Richey, FL. We also serve the Tampa, Clearwater and St. Petersburg area, as well as Brooksville, Trinity, Tarpon Springs and Spring Hill. Please call us at (877) 544-6706 or visit us on the lot so we can set you up with a test drive today. If you plan on purchasing a new or used car, please take advantage of our trade-in policy and our exclusive partnership with Kelley Blue Book KBB.com's Trade-In Marketplace/Buying Center.
Learn More about the Kia Rio Here at our blog, with news, updates and specs!