2018 Kia Optima vs. 2017 Kia Optima
Say Hello to the 2018 Kia Optima
The 2018 Kia Optima is a carryover from the 2017 Optima, but with several upgrades to features, as well as a new trim level, the S, which will add another nicely-priced option to lots all over! As the S comes in for 2018, the SX Limited trim will be phased out. But don't worry; the features and style of that trim live on, as well as its performance, in the top-line SX trim. You can also expect an increased number of standard safety features for the 2018 Optima!
Updates to the 2018 Optima
- New S trim adds a low MSRP option with fine fuel economy and sporty looks to the mix.
- Blind Spot Detection is standard in all trims for 2018; it was optional for four trims in 2017 but standard for the SX Limited.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert is standard in all trims in 2018; it was optional for four trims in 2017 but standard for the SX Limited.
- Rear Parking Assist System is standard in all trims for 2018; it was also optional for four trims in 2017 and standard for the SX Limited.
Fuel Economy and Performance
- Base MPG in the LX trim is 25 mpg city, 36 mpg highway for 2017, and 2018.
- Top MPG is also unchanged in 2018, and high: 28 mpg city, 37 mpg highway in the LX 1.6T trim.
- HP is 185 for LX, S, and EX trims in 2018; 178 for LX 1.6T trim; 245 for SX trim.
- HP is 185 for LX, EX trims in 2017; 178 for LX 1.6T; 245 for SX and SX Limited trims.
Shop for the Kia Optima at Friendly Kia, Serving the Tampa, Clearwater and St. Petersburg FL Area
Whichever model you go for, the 2018 Optima or the 2017 Optima, both of them have a peak HP of 245, elegant European-styled design, and available UVO eServices, as well as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto in many trim levels. You can find the Kia Optima at Friendly Kia, 5819 US Highway 19 in New Port Richey, FL. We also serve the Tampa, Clearwater and St. Petersburg area, as well as Brooksville, Trinity, Tarpon Springs and Spring Hill. Please call us at (877) 544-6706 or visit us on the lot so we can set you up with a test drive today.
If you plan on purchasing a new or used car, please take advantage of our trade-in policy and our exclusive partnership with Kelley Blue Book KBB.com's Trade-In Marketplace/Buying Center.KBB.com Marketplace