Kia Service and Maintenance Intervals Schedule
As car owners, we are used to bringing in our Kia vehicles for routine oil changes and scheduled maintenance. Aside from our regular oil changes, it can be hard at times to keep track of when we need certain services done on our vehicles. If you’ve been asking yourself “When does my Kia Sorento need a transmission fluid change?” then this guide is for you.
>>> READ MORE: How to Clean Spilled Coffee on Vehicle Seats <<<
Below we are going to break down the Kia service and maintenance intervals schedule to help you plan your Kia vehicle’s service and budget accordingly. See when your Kia Sorento will need its transmission fluid changed below.
Kia Maintenance Schedule Overview
Each member of the Kia lineup has a different recommended maintenance schedule, but the details of each are fairly similar. As an example, here’s a look at what the maintenance schedule looks like for the 2020 Kia Sorento:
- 7,500 miles or 6 months: When your Sorento hits 7,500 miles the Friendly Kia service team will rotate your vehicle’s tires and perform a routine oil change. Our team will also inspect your vehicle’s battery, vacuum hose, and air cleaner filter.
- 15,000 miles or 12 months: After hitting 15,000 miles on the odometer, your Sorento will be due for another tire rotation and oil change as well as a more in-depth inspection. This time around the Friendly Kia team will inspect the battery, air cleaner filter, vacuum hose, air conditioning refrigerants, brake hoses and lines, drive shafts and boots, exhaust pipe, muffler, brake discs/pads, steering gearbox, and suspension.
- 22,500 miles or 18 months: Repeats the 7,500-mile service.
- 30,000 miles or 24 months: At 30,000 miles the Friendly Kia team will go over the same maintenance performed at the 15,000-mile check along with a few more service points. This time around the team will also perform a transmission flush and inspect the vehicle’s cooling system, fuel filter, fuel lines, fuel hoses, parking brake, vapor hose, and fuel filler cap.
- 37,000 miles or 30 months: Repeats 7,500-mile service.
- 45,000 miles or 36 months: Repeats 15,000-miles service.
Schedule Automotive Service with Friendly Kia in Tampa Bay
Whether you need an automotive repair or are looking to get started on your vehicle’s maintenance schedule, the Friendly Kia team is here to help. Our team of experts has every area of your automotive needs covered, making us the ideal spot for Kia service in the Tampa Bay area.
>>> READ MORE: Why Does My Coolant Light Come on When I Start My Car? <<<
Our service team offers easy online appointment scheduling, giving you the ability to book your appointment whenever it is most convenient for you. If you have any questions about your Kia vehicle before your next service appointment, give a member of our team a call at 855-803-2873.