5 Tips to Lowering Your Car Insurance Payment
Automotive insurance is one thing that drivers can’t go without. Not only is car insurance helpful in case of an accident, but in many states drivers are legally required to carry some amount of vehicle insurance. For many, car insurance is a monthly bill that comes and goes without much notice – that is until your rate goes up. If you’ve found yourself seeing a recent spike in your insurance bill, you are likely wondering how you can lower the cost of your vehicle insurance. Here are Friendly Kia’s 5 tips to lowering your monthly car insurance payment.
>>> READ MORE: Understanding Down Payments and Trade-Ins <<<
5 Tips to Cutting Your Car Insurance
- Multiple Coverages Plan – Many insurance companies offer lower rates for accounts that also have home or rental insurances tied in. Check with your insurance company to see how you can bundle your insurance coverages to lower your monthly payment.
- Increase Your Deductibles – Your insurance deductible is the amount of money you would need to pay before your insurance coverage kicks in after vehicle damage, theft, or an accident. Most deductibles range from $250 to $1,000 and generally, the lower your deductible is, the higher the annual premium is. If you take a higher deductible, your monthly payments and the overall premium will be lowered.
- Improve Your Credit Rating – Many automotive insurance companies look at a customer’s credit score in order to determine their premiums and payments. This isn’t true for all insurance companies, but in some instances your credit rating can be a factor.
- Pay-as-You-Go Insurance – If you have a clean driving record and don’t rack up your mileage too often, usage-based insurance may not be a bad route for you to take. Many auto insurance companies offer pay-as-you-go options that allow you to track your driving and mileage in exchange for possible discounts.
- Anti-Theft Device Discounts – Some car insurance companies offer lower premiums for customers who install anti-theft devices in their vehicles. Qualification for discounts may be limited to specific devices.
>>> READ MORE: What Should I Keep in My Car’s Glove Compartment? <<<
Low monthly car insurance payments are just one way to keep your monthly finances stress-free. Friendly Kia offers affordable financing options on new and used vehicles so your automotive payments don’t break the bank. Get started on your search for your next vehicle in Tampa Bay by visiting the Friendly Kia inventory today.