2021 Kia Seltos Safety Features and Active Drive Assist
Being the new kid on the block, many customers and shoppers are wondering what exactly the 2021 Kia Seltos is bringing to the game. We know it has style and we know it has power, but what features is it bringing terms of safety and driver assistance? The short answer is a lot. But we know that you want to hear more than that. So, keep reading! We’re going to dive into all things safety and active drive assist that the 2021 Kia Seltos has to offer.
>>> READ MORE: 2021 Kia Seltos vs Kia Sportage <<<
In this guide we are going to hit on the specifics in terms of safety and assistance features in the 2021 Seltos. If you are looking for an overview of everything the Seltos has to offer or you want to know how it stacks up against the rest of the competition, check out our model research page and some of our vehicle comparisons.
Standard and Available Safety Features in 2021 Seltos
The 2021 Kia Seltos is delivering in every sense of the word when it comes to safety and driver assistance features. With more than 12 different active driver assistance systems available, the Seltos will act as an extra set of eyes while on the road.
Before we said we were getting into the specifics and that’s exactly what we’re going to do. Below we have laid out 10 of the top safety and driver assist features the 2021 Seltos has to offer. Some of these features come standard while others are available to add on.
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist-Rear will apply brake pressure if an object is detected while trying to change lanes. The system will apply the brakes on the front wheel of the opposite side of where you were attempting to go to help keep you on course.
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist is designed to help detect potential accidents or collisions with the help of radars. The system will automatically apply the brakes if the potential for a collision is detected.
- Lane Departure Warning is a camera-based system that works to keep your vehicle within the lines of your lane. If the system suspects that you are going to sway from your lane accidentally it will give you a warning to keep you on course.
- Lane Keeping Assist works together with the Lane Departure Warning System and will correct steering if LDW detects that the vehicle is drifting.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance uses hidden sensors on the vehicle’s rear bumper to look for passing vehicles as you reverse. If a potential hazard is detected, then visual and audio warnings are activated as well as braking intervention if necessary.
- Safe Exit Assist uses rear sensors to detect approaching vehicles and will alert passengers if they attempt to exit when a vehicle is coming.
- Driver Attention Warning will alert the driver if it detects that the driver’s attention has reduced significantly.
- High Beam Assist automatically dims the vehicle’s headlights from high to low beam if it detects that a vehicle is approaching, then brightens them to high beam once the vehicle has passed.
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go is an automatic cruise control system that uses radars to help maintain a safe distance between your vehicle and the one ahead.
- Lane Following Assist works with Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go to keep your vehicle centered by monitoring lane markings.
Find a Safety-Focused Seltos at Friendly Kia
The safety and driver assistance features on this Kia model’s roster are more than impressive. If you’re ready to take the plunge behind the wheel of a new 2021 Seltos then head over to the Friendly Kia online inventory today! Contact our team with any questions about the Seltos or available inventory.
>>> Contact Us Today! <<<