2020 Kia Telluride First Images Released
We love talking up Kia’s ability to surprise and delight. It’s really a well-documented and unexpected part of the brand’s personality. They did it to us over a year ago when they told us that they would have a four-door sports sedan with a liftback and 365 horsepower. They’ve been teasing us for a while about an 8-passenger SUV that will give capability and comfort to families in the form of the Kia Telluride.
We’ve been thinking about the Telluride. We’ve been speculating about the Telluride. We’ve been drenching ourselves with coffee because we lose ourselves in a fantasy of driving the Telluride while we’re pouring a cup of morning coffee in the Friendly Kia showroom.
[READ MORE: Presumed Specs and Features of 2020 Kia Telluride]
And finally, the day has come. We have more to report and show off on Kia’s luxurious full-size SUV.
The 2020 Kia Telluride made its debut at New York Fashion Week.
Showing up on Brandon Maxwell’s runway, the 2020 Kia Telluride appeared outfitted for the outdoors, with plenty of trail-friendly exterior embellishments and a stylish spare tire affixed to the back with leather straps.
You know what? We’re struggling to describe just how beautiful the Telluride looked. Just look at it:
2020 Kia Telluride – What We Know Now
Although Kia didn’t include much information in the accompanying press release, here’s what we can gather for new facts we know about the 2020 Kia Telluride:
- The 2020 Kia Telluride seats eight passengers and should compete more directly with full-size crossover and SUV models like the Toyota Highlander, Nissan Pathfinder, Honda Pilot, Chevrolet Tahoe, Ford Explorer and Subaru Ascent
- The interior is beyond stunning – luxury car levels of sophistication and refinement, recalling the interior of the all-new 2019 Kia K900 luxury sedan.
- The 2020 Kia Telluride will feature a V6 engine. We will have to wait and see if the hybrid powertrain from the concept carries over.
- Kia is looking upmarket. Both the interior and exterior of this vehicle echo luxury models from manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz (GLE), Audi (Q7) and BMW (X7). The same way the 2018 Kia Stinger has challenged the German luxury-performance-automotive manufacturers, we expect the 2020 Kia Telluride to do the same for their luxury SUV models.
- It appears to be a unibody vehicle clearing up any confusion we, and others in the industry, have had regarding its construction. This means that the focus will be on providing competent handling and light off-roading as a side to the main course of excellent handling and solid fuel efficiency. Body-on-frame SUVs like the Ford Expedition and Nissan Armada use a truck-frame which can reduce cornering ability and handling.’
2020 Kia Telluride Debut Photo Gallery
2020 Kia Telluride Release Date
Slated to debut in all its glory at the 2019 New York International Auto Show, we don’t have an estimated arrival date for the Kia Telluride. As always, however, once we do, you can be sure to find out about it right here on the Friendly Kia blog.
For more information on Kia vehicles or to test-drive existing family-haulers like the 2019 Kia Sorento or 2018 Kia Sedona, contact us today!