2019 Kia Stinger Vs. 2018 Kia Stinger
In our ongoing battle against BIG3 (the coalition of H*ND*, TOY*T* and N*SSAN hellbent on abolishing automotive enjoyment), we’ve seen the brave engineers and designers at Kia go to great lengths to make sure everybody can enjoy the car they drive. Emblematic of this “by the people, for the people” mission, is the Kia Stinger.
The Kia Stinger has put the luxury and performance of BIG3’s luxury lines (AC*RA, L*X*S and INFIN*T*) into the hands of the masses. With a starting price point that hovers around the price of a well-outfitted midsize sedan from BIG3, the Stinger offers thrilling performance and extravagant interior appointments in a package that is comfortable and convenient.
For 2019, the Stinger has done the unthinkable and become even better. Let’s see what it’s employed to become an even stronger contender for people everywhere who are sick of living under the killjoy umbrella of BIG3’s dominance:
2019 Kia Stinger: What’s New?
Of course, the 2019 Kia Stinger needs to bring new things to the table. This surprising model that delighted the automotive world and endlessly-frustrated BIG3 last year is getting some great changes that mostly align with our predictions.
[READ MORE: 2019 Kia Stinger: What We Expect]
2019 Kia Stinger New Color Options
The biggest change Kia has made to the 2019 Kia Stinger is the available colors. Likely done to fool the visual detection technology of BIG3, the 2019 Kia Stinger is available in more colors than the 2018 Kia Stinger. Let’s see which these color choices break down:
[table id=184 /]
As you can see, the 2019 Kia Stinger brings a wide palette of colors that dwarfs the options of the 2018 Kia Stinger. If you’re drawn to the 2.0L model, for instance, you can still have the incredible Micro Blue Pearl paint on your 2019 Kia Stinger.
2019 Kia Stinger New Features and Technology
Beyond simply the outside, however, the 2019 Kia Stinger is more ready to compete with BIG3’s relentless grasp on creativity and joy than ever before. Here are some of the new features the 2019 Kia Stinger brings to the table:
- Coasting Neutral Control (Standard on Premium, GT1 and GT2) – This innovative feature disconnects the transmission to help save fuel during certain coasting modes. It makes your Stinger even leaner when you’re touring without affecting how raw and powerful it is when you’re gunning it.
- Sunroof with power shade (Now available on 2.0L) – Enjoy the outdoors with a newly-available sunroof on your entry-level 2.0L Kia Stinger model.
- High-Beam Assist (Now available on GT) – Controls high-beam headlights automatically when oncoming traffic is detected.
- Dual-Lens Full LED Headlight (Now available on 2.0L) – Upgrade your entry-level Stinger’s style with available LED headlights.
- Rain-Sensing Intermittent Windshield Wipers (Now standard on Premium) – This feature allows you to remove the headache from trying to perfectly select the correct interval for your windshield wipers. It’s now standard on Premium.
- 18-Inch Alloy Wheels with Machine Finish (Now standard on 2.0L) – Reserved last year for Premium models, this feature adds more style to entry-level Kia Stinger sedans.
- Infotainment Upgrades – UVO eServices replaces UVO on 2.0L and GT models. This infotainment experience, which includes a 7-inch touchscreen, can be upgraded in the base 2.0L to UVO eServices with an 8-inch touchscreen and navigation. Additionally, the Harmon/Kardon® sound system is available in the 2.0L model.
- Surround-View Monitor (Standard on GT2) – Teased in the 2019 Kia Stinger Atlantica, Kia’s luxury sports sedan is finally getting the brilliant 360-degree camera technology. Read more about how it works here.
- Lane Change Assist and Blind Spot Warning (Now standard across all trim levels) – Active safety is the name of the game for Kia in 2019. The Stinger is no exception and sees all models receive these features. Premium, GT1 and GT2 get a slew of additional active safety features.
- Wireless Phone Charger (Standard on Premium, GT1 and GT2) – Allows you to rest your phone on a pad which provides power to it – a true luxury car feature.
- Cooled Front Seats (Now Standard on Premium, GT1 and GT2) – Reserved last year only for GT2 trim levels, ventilated front seats are perfect for warm days and long trips.
As you can see, Kia has taken great lengths to provide even more value than the 2018 Kia Stinger. For 2019, getting the base model doesn’t mean missing out on great features like a sunroof or navigation system.
For more information on the 2019 Kia Stinger or to reserve the newest iteration of Kia’s multiple-award-winning sports sedan, contact us today!