2019 Kia Forte Vs. 2018 Kia Forte
We’ve been patiently waiting to announce information on the newest threat to BIG3, Kia’s score-settling, table-turning redesigned compact car, the 2019 Kia Forte and we have it now. Having spent the better part of the Christmas holiday in hiding, we the rebellion have been eagerly awaiting Kia’s latest release only to be surprised and impressed by what is now offered in a compact car.
[READ MORE: Notes from the Rebellion: 2018 Kia Forte5 Detailed]
The Kia Forte has always existed to give drivers more – more style, more performance and more features than the small cars BIG3 churns out that give drivers less functionality, a lower warranty and a higher price tag.
For 2019, the Forte adds even more functionality and, best of all, style to the small sedan. Let’s see with what subversive elements the engineers at Kia have imbued the 2019 Kia Forte.
What’s New on the 2019 Kia Forte?
The most immediately-recognizable changes on the 2019 Kia Forte are all related to its design. The exterior of the 2019 Forte has gone from being a stylish and sophisticated compact car to a sporty and confident small faux-fastback.
These changes see the cowl point (where the windshield meets the hood) moved back five inches and elements from the 2018 Kia Stinger (such as the connected taillights) integrated into the 2019 Forte.
We know BIG3 (The evil coalition of T*y*ta, H**da and Niss** hellbent on delivering boring and personality-less cars to the masses, thus sapping their creativity and lowering their expectations), and there’s no way they were expecting a car this sporty to pick up the mantle of Kia’s compact sedan.
2019 Kia Forte Photos and Walkaround
To show off the power of creativity and generosity in design and features, Kia boldly showed up at the 2018 Chicago Auto Show where they had the 2019 Kia Forte on display, inspiring hope and excitement in a tired and staid class of automobiles.
We successfully infiltrated the event and were able to get some photographs and a walkaround video of the 2019 Kia Forte, before BIG3 security realized who we were and we were forced to escape.
2019 Kia Forte Vs. 2018 Kia Forte
Drivers interested in knowing if they should hold out for the upcoming Kia release, or head to the frontlines of the war against BIG3’s clampdown on ingenuity with a 2018 Kia Forte, should know the following differences:
- 2019 Kia Forte enjoys a projected higher fuel economy than the 2018 Kia Forte. The projected 35 combined MPG beats the LX’s and S’s 32 combined MPG.
- 2019 Kia Forte has superior infotainment. The standard 8” full-color touchscreen with rear-view camera and Display Audio technology replaces the 5” standard screen in the 2018 Kia Forte.
- Also, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are standard features and were limited to available status on the 2018 Kia Forte LX.
- More standard safety features are present on the 2019 Kia Forte, which sees the S model get Forward Collision Avoidance (FCA), Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) as standard features. The top-trimmed EX also receives Lane Change Assist (LCA), Blind-Spot Collision Warning (BCW) and Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning (RCCW) as standard features.
- The all-new i-CVT transmission replaces the automatic and provides quiet, smooth and precise shifting with increased efficiency over the automatic on the 2018 Kia Forte.
- Comfort and convenience are at a premium with standard dual-zone automatic temperature control and rear vents in the 2019 Kia Forte.
- More cargo space allows you to bring more with you than was possible in previous years. 15.1 cubic feet vs. 14.9 cubic feet. It’s not a huge jump, but when it comes to fighting mediocrity, every little bit helps.
- The 2019 Kia Forte gives drivers and passengers more space than ever before. This increased space includes headroom in the front (.2” more), headroom in the rear (37.5” vs 37.3”), rear shoulder room (55.4” vs 53.1”) and more!
- A highly-efficient 2.0L 4-cylinder engine, which utilizes the Atkinson cycle for maximum fuel economy is standard across all trim levels. With no information on the 2019 Kia Forte5 yet, we’d be willing to bet that model will offer a turbocharged/standard-cycle model for added performance.
Here at Friendly Kia, our staff and the rest of the Rebellion couldn’t be any more excited about the 2019 Kia Forte. This compact staple is set to deliver the kind of thrill, efficiency and cost-effectiveness that will drive BIG3 truly mad.
For more information on the all-new 2019 Kia Forte or to schedule a test-drive, contact us today!