2018 Kia Sedona vs 2017 Kia Sedona
We are the rebellion.
We have spent our lives pursued by a coalition known as BIG3. This axis, made up of T***TA, H*ND* and NI**AN, have hunted us with haste and fervor, seeking to exterminate the inspiration, creativity and people-centered engineering that flows through our veins.
We are KIA, and after years of running from BIG3, sleeping in trees and never knowing who to trust, we have found refuge. We don’t know how long this refuge will last, but as long as we enjoy peace, we shall set about proclaiming the truth – a new dawn is coming.
Our team of survivors and warriors has been working tirelessly on the next rendition of the thing that ground BIG3’s gears for the last 12 months – the 2017 Kia Sedona. Our scientists and engineers have spent sleepless days and nights perfecting the design and features of the newest model, ensuring it offers reliability and safety as well as imbuing it with revolutionary KIA personality.
This will be the vehicle that BIG3 tries to squash for the next 12 months. We know they will fail, because we know that the people are waiting – waiting to be inspired…waiting to be excited about driving…waiting to rebel against the stale choices BIG3 has thrown to them like table scraps for the last 20+ years.
Here’s what you, the people, can expect from the 2018 Kia Sedona.
2018 Kia Sedona Specs and Features
The 2018 Kia Sedona sees a refresh of the 2017 Kia Sedona, the model that has fought so valiantly against BIG3 since its release a year ago today. It offers a wide front grille and fascia because nothing can shut the mouth of truth!
Sweeping back toward the panoramic side windows is a broad shoulder set, constructed to hold high the head of hope that rides upon this model. A squared off back hatch and interior ensure that you’re able to bring whatever gear or personnel your rebellion requires.
With the color-recognition technology of BIG3 growing ever-better, the 2018 Kia Sedona has been constructed with new color options. Beachwood Pearl has been discontinued, as it is too easily recognized by their spies. Silky Silver joins the lineup, replacing Bright Silver.
Finally, Celestial Blue replaces Midnight Sapphire, because our darkest point is behind us and we look to the skies for our ambitions. Here are the remaining specifications on the 2018 Kia Sedona:
2018 Kia Sedona Power and Performance Specs
- Engine – 3.3L V6 Lambda engine
- Power – 276-horsepower @ 6,000 rpm
- Torque – 248 lb-ft. torque @5,200 rpm
- Transmission – Electronically-controlled 6-speed automatic, overdrive with Sportmatic™
- Brakes – Ventilated Disc with Solid Disc
- Towing Capacity – 3,500 lbs. when properly-equipped
2018 Kia Sedona Exterior Features
- Standard Headlights – Projection beam headlamps with escort function.
- Available Headlights – HID headlamps with auto leveling and high-beam assist.
- Dynamic Bending Light – Standard on SX Limited. Available on SX.
- Fog Lights – Standard as bulb on EX and SX. Standard as projection on SX Limited.
- Heated Outside Mirrors – Standard on EX, SX and SX Limited. Available on LX.
- Acoustic Windshield – Standard on SX Limited. Available on SX.
- Mesh Grille – Standard across all trim levels. Unique on SX Limited.
- Smart Power Tailgate – Standard on EX, SX and SX Limited.
- Dual Sunroof – Available on SX Limited.
2018 Kia Sedona Interior Features
- Meter Cluster – Segment type standard on L and LX. 3.5” OLED standard on EX and available on LX. Supervision meter cluster standard on SX and SX Limited.
- 2nd/3rd Row Sunshade Screen – Standard on EX, SX and SX Limited. Available on LX.
- Leather Seat Trim – Standard on EX, SX and SX Limited. Available on LX. Nappa leather seat trim available on SX Limited.
- 8-Way Power Adjustable Driver’s Seat – Standard on LX and EX. With 4-way power-adjustable lumbar support standard on SX and SX Limited. Available on EX.
- Heated Front Seats – Standard on EX, SX and SX Limited. Available on LX.
- Ventilated Front Seats – Standard on SX and SX Limited.
- Slide-N-Stow 2nd Row Seat Function – Standard across all trim levels.
- Third-Row Sinking Seating – Standard across all trim levels.
- Heated Steering Wheel – Standard on SX Limited. Available on SX.
- Air Conditioning with Front and Rear Controls – Standard on L and LX.
- Tri-Zone Automatic Air Conditioning with Filtration and Auto Defog – Standard on EX, SX and SX Limited.
- Audio Display – 5-inch audio display standard on L and LX. 7-inch audio display with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and UVO 3 standard on EX. Available on LX. 8-inch audio display with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay standard on SX and SX Limited.
- Rear View Camera – Standard across all trim levels
- Rear Seat Entertainment System – Available across all trim levels.
- Audio System – 4-speaker audio system standard on L. 6-speaker audio system standard on LX and EX. 8-speaker Infinity audio system with amplifier and subwoofer standard on SX and SX Limited.
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology – Standard across all trim levels with steering-wheel mounted audio controls.
- Smart Key with Push Button Start – Standard on EX, SX and SX Limited. Available on LX.
Rebel and Revel in Safety
The 2018 Kia Sedona provides unmatched safety, with dual-front advanced airbags, full-length side-curtain airbags, speed sensing door lock, hill-start assist control, and more, you’ll enjoy unprecedented peace of mind (unlike us, who are always watching our backs for BIG3).
Dynamic driving systems add further peace of mind with Front and Rear Park Assist Sensor (standard on EX, SX and SX Limited. Available on LX), Blind Spot Detection (standard on SX and SX Limited. Available on EX and LX), Lane Departure Warning (standard on SX Limited. Available on SX, EX and LX), Forward Collision Warning (Standard on SX Limited. Available on SX, EX and LX) and more!
The 2018 Kia Sedona is stylish, creative and promises to let you enjoy driving a minivan again. Don’t listen to the lies of BIG3, it is possible as long as we hope!
Note from our comrades at Friendly Kia: “We expect this superweapon to come out of hiding soon and hit our lot. You can view our entire Sedona Inventory by clicking here.”
For more information about the 2018 Kia Sedona, or to schedule a test drive, contact us today!”
<<< Contact Friendly Kia >>>