2018 Kia Forte5 Specs and Features
It’s us, the rebellion, we’ve been making headway against BIG3’s mundane vehicle choices all year, but I don’t think even we were ready for how much damage we could do with this model. We detailed the 2018 Kia Sedona in a previous post, but today we’re talking about something smaller and more accessible – a car for the people, with storage space, performance and fun to boot.
Forte – Italian for strong and 5, two more than 3. The 2018 Kia Forte5 is finished and it’s here to rescue a consumer automotive market from lackluster specs on compact hatchbacks.
BIG3 wasn’t ready for 164-horsepower in a sub-$20,000 hatchback. They weren’t ready for a standard Sportmatic® sports shifter. Most of all, they weren’t ready for the public to wake up to the truth that a sporty and fun ride can be had while enjoying 34 highway miles per gallon.
2018 Kia Forte5 Performance Specs
The 2018 Kia Forte5 is ready to lead drivers into a brighter future in three trim levels: LX, EX and SX.
- Standard Engine – 2.0L 4-cylinder naturally-aspirated engine
- Available Engine – 1.6L 4-cylinder turbocharged engine
- Standard horsepower – 164-horsepower (ULEV-II) or 160-horsepower (SULEV)
- Available horsepower – 201-horsepower (ULEV-II)
- Standard Torque – 151 lb-ft. (ULEV-II) or 149 lb-ft. (SULEV)
- Available Torque – 195 lb-ft. (ULEV-II)
- Transmission – 6-speed automatic (Standard on LX and EX). 7-Speed dual-clutch transmission (Standard on SX). 6-speed manual transmission (Available on SX).
- Fuel Economy (City/Hwy/Combined) * – 25/34/28 mpg (LX and EX automatic). 25/30/27 mpg (SX dual-clutch). 23/29/25 mpg (SX manual).
- Brakes – 4-wheel disc brakes
- Drive Type – front-wheel drive
2018 Kia Forte5 Exterior Features
- Bumpers – Sport front and rear bumpers (Standard on SX).
- Rear spoiler – Standard on all trim levels.
- Dual heated power mirrors – Body color (Standard on LX and EX).
- Dual heated power mirrors – High gloss black (Standard on SX).
- Mirror-mounted LED turn signal indicators – Standard on EX and SX. Available on LX.
- Power sunroof – Available on EX and LX.
- Headlights – Projector beam headlights with white bezel (Standard on all trim levels).
- HID projector beam headlights – Available on SX.
- Automatic headlight control – Standard on EX and SX. Available on LX.
- Front fog lights – Halogen (Standard on EX. Available on LX). Halogen/LED (Standard on SX).
- Chrome exhaust tip – Single (Standard on EX and LX). Dual (Standard on SX).
- Wheels – 15” steel with full covers (Standard on LX). 16” alloy wheels (Available on LX). 17” alloy wheels (Standard on EX). 18” alloy wheels (Standard on SX).
2018 Kia Forte5 Interior Features
- Audio control – AM/FM/CD/MP3/Sirius XM® with 6-speakers (Standard on LX). UVO with 7” touchscreen (Standard on EX and SX. Available on LX). UVO with voice-command system, 7” touchscreen display, Sirius XM® Traffic and HD Radio™ (Available on EX and SX).
- Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™ compatibility – Standard on EX and SX. Available on LX.
- Bluetooth® wireless hands-free connectivity – Standard on all trim levels.
- Steering wheel mounted audio and hands-free phone controls – Standard on all trim levels.
- Active safety features (Blind Spot Detection, Lane Change Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Alert) – Available on SX and EX.
- Driver display – Standard analog meters (Standard on LX). 3.5” TFT LCD display (Standard on EX and SX. Available on LX). Supervision meter cluster with 4.2” TFT color LCD display (Available on EX and SX).
- Entry – Remote keyless entry (Standard on LX). Smart key w/push-button start and immobilizer (Standard on EX and SX. Available on LX).
- Seating – Woven cloth trim (Standard on LX). Leather seat trim (Standard on EX). Sport leather seat trim (Standard on SX).
- 6-way adjustable driver’s seat – Standard across all trim levels.
- 10-way power adjustable driver’s seat w/ power lumbar support (Available on SX and EX).
- Heated front seats – Standard on SX and EX.
- Ventilated front seats – Available on SX and EX.
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel – Standard on SX and EX. Available on LX.
2018 Kia Forte5 Interior Dimensions
- Headroom – 39.4” (Front). 38.7” (Rear).
- Legroom – 42.2” (Front). 35.9” (Rear).
- Cargo volume – 23.2 cubic-feet.
The 2018 Kia Forte5 represents strength. It’s everything BIG3 hates about us – composure, power and a car that is built by the people for the people.
Join the rebellion today! For more information on the 2018 Kia Forte5 contact us today.