2017 Kia Sedona Release Date and Safety Features
Did you know the 2017 Kia Sedona is so good, it can win awards before it even hits the dealership lot? Well, it is, and it has, as the 2017 Kia Sedona was recently named an IIHS Top Safety Pick.
We’ll review the 2017 Sedona’s release date and what its safety features are that led to this honor from IIHS.
2017 Kia Sedona Safety Features
The Sedona was already a safe vehicle before, as the 2016 rendition was also a Top Safety Pick, as was the 2015 model, but with the addition of Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) the Sedona has taken the step up the ladder to the IIHS’ top rating of Top Safety Pick+, which means the newest Sedona tested with good ratings for crashworthiness in five different crash tests and a superior rating for its front crash prevention.
Other safety features of the 2017 Kia Sedona:
- Smart Cruise Control (SCC), which will slow your 2017 Sedona down if you’re on cruise control and you get too close to the vehicle in front of you.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDWS), which signals to you if you drift out of your current traffic lane.
- Blind-Spot Detection (BSD) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA), which will detect vehicles in your blind spot or in the rear of the vehicle.
- Rollover Mitigation (ROM) – if the Sedona senses you’re going to roll your minivan over, side airbags will activate to keep your passengers safe.
- Traction Control System (TCS) – If your tires lose their grip during the drive, the Sedona will sense the change in wheel spin and move the power to the wheels that give you the best grip on the road.
Release Date of the 2017 Kia Sedona
After all the hubbub of the Top Safety Pick+, as well as the quality that we’ve come to love from Kia and its minivan, we’re sure you’re about as patient as a kid the day before Christmas with this news that the 2017 Sedona is coming.
Since the 2016 Sedona came out before the end of 2015, and since the 2017 Sedona is a carryover from the previous model but with improvements to safety features and available technology (like upgrading to UVO3 eServices), we expect to see the 2017 Sedona on lots like ours at Tampa-area Friendly Kia in the fourth quarter of 2016. That way you can have a comfortable new ride, just in time for Christmas!
Friendly Kia Has the Vehicles You Need at a Low Price
We carry the full line of Kia vehicles – everything from the Kia Sedona minivan to the Kia Rio subcompact – at Friendly Kia, 5819 US Highway 19 in New Port Richey, Florida. We also serve the greater Tampa, Clearwater and St. Petersburg area, as well as Brooksville, Trinity, Tarpon Springs and Spring Hill. Please contact us at 877-544-6706, visit us on the lot, or come back here and visit the official Friendly Kia blog for more about Kia news or local events. In addition, all of our models are priced at least $4,500 off MSRP because we want to bring you maximum savings.
If you plan on purchasing a new or used car, please take advantage of our trade-in policy and our exclusive partnership with Kelley Blue Book KBB.com’s Trade-In Marketplace/Buying Center.