2016 Kia Sedona Lounge Seating and Slide-N-Stow Seats
The 2016 Kia Sedona is ideal to take you on the ultimate road trip. Whether you’re taking the whole family on a trip to see relatives or your buddies to a weekend getaway, there’s space and features that put other minivans to shame.
Plus, the Sedona just looks better than other minivans, with a sleek, low-to-the-ground exterior design that helped it win J.D. Power’s APEAL (Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout) award in 2015. But if you’re still on the fence about the 2016 Kia Sedona, what you may not know is it has lounge seating and Slide-N-Stow seats that can transform this minivan into a party bus.
Intro to an Awesome Ride
The 2016 Kia Sedona is a head-turner wherever it goes, with a design that has won the praise of experts and drivers alike. And it has pedigree, thanks to:
- Car.com’s “Ultimate Minivan” award from the summer of 2015, where the Sedona beat out four competing minivans.
- Being named an IIHS Top Safety Pick for the 2016 model year, meaning the Sedona has a sturdy body that holds up well in a crash.
The Kia Sedona comes in five model options in all: L (base model), LX, EX, SX and top-of-the-line SXL. Each model comes with a potent V6 engine with 276 HP, more than enough power to:
- Merge into highway lanes.
- Tow up to 3,500 pounds.
- Carry three rows of passengers.
Plus, the interior is quiet, thanks to Kia’s noise-dampening body construction, which comes in handy when you have a large group of passengers that’s antsy to make it your destination.
The 2016 Sedona’s lounge seating makes it easier for your passengers to move around a bit and engage other passengers in conversation, or just to make additional space so they can take a nap in the leather-covered (or Tricot fabric, depending on the model option) reclining chairs. Other seating and cargo options for the 2016 Sedona to make the drive smooth and comfortable:
- Up to 142 cubic feet of cargo room for all your shopping bags, luggage, equipment, etc.
- First-class lounge seating in SXL models:
- Recliner seats with 11 inches of movement.
- Plus 3.3 inches of lateral travel movement for extra space between you and the second row and easier access to the third row.
- Slide-N-Stow second-row seats: Standard for all models, except for SXL where they are optional. Seats fold up and slide forward to make additional room on the inside if needed.
- Heated front seats: Optional for LX, standard for EX, SX and SXL.
- Ventilated front seats: Standard for SX and SXL.
- Heated second-row seats: Optional for EX and SXL, standard for SX trims.
There’s plenty of cool accessories available for the 2016 Sedona, here’s a sampling.
- Rear seat DVD player with two wireless headphones and remote.
See the video on the entertainment system:
- Universal electronics holder to hold your phone, etc.
- License plate frames with “Sedona” in the upper or lower logo space.
- Roadside assistance kit.
Click here to find more accessories.
Now that you’ve seen what the Sedona’s capable of, what are you waiting for? We carry the Kia Sedona on the Friendly Kia lot, as well as other Kia models like the Kia Optima sedan and the Kia Rio compact. Friendly Kia is located at 5819 US Highway 19 in New Port Richey, Florida, and we serve the area from Spring Hill and Trinity to the greater Tampa-St. Pete area, including Clearwater, and beyond. Please call us at (877) 687-5181 or visit us back here at the Friendly Kia blog for more information on local events and Kia releases.
If you plan on purchasing a new or used car, please take advantage of our trade-in policy and our exclusive partnership with Kelley Blue Book KBB.com’s Trade-In Marketplace/Buying Center.