What is Kia DRIVEWiSE Technology?
When it comes to embracing future technologies, many of us are rightfully skeptical. For every iPod, text messaging and Wi-Fi, after all, there’s a zip drive, Betamax tape and 3D television. Beyond simply the money it takes to be an early adopter and jump on most new technology before it hits the mainstream, this kind of avid experimentation is time-consuming and can leave one feeling jaded by the sheer number of products and tech which disappear seemingly overnight.
For many, the transition to autonomous vehicles feels uncertain. Because of the massive implications of driverless vehicles, a lot of people aren’t sure if they’re sitting front row for the unveiling of the first iPhone or the unveiling of Google Glass.
>>>> Read More: What Technology is in the 2019 Kia Forte? <<<<
Luckily, we’d here to help show you exactly what Kia’s DRIVEWiSE active safety feature suite does and how it’s all but guaranteed to change the way we think about driving.
Kia DRIVEWiSE is a suite of active safety features that use cameras, radar, sensors and onboard computers to help notify you of driving hazards and intervene to protect you and other drivers.
DRIVEWiSE includes the following safety features:
- Blind Spot Detection – Using radar, DRIVEWiSE-equipped Kia models can keep an eye on your blind spot for you. This means alerting you if a vehicle is occupying that space. Additionally, these sensors will alert you while backing up into a perpendicular lane of traffic if a vehicle is headed your way.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning – Similarly, DRIVEWiSE-equipped Kia models can alert you if you’re backing up into a lane of traffic. This is especially helpful when pulling out of a parking space.
- Forward Collision Warning – DRIVEWiSE equipped Kia models have the ability to alert you as to a potential forward collision with either a vehicle or a pedestrian even when you don’t see it. Certain models can brake to prevent, or minimize the severity of, an accident.
- Smart Cruise Control – Listen, we know how annoying having to set, cancel and reset cruise control can be. With Smart Cruise Control, your DRIVEWiSE-equipped Kia maintains a safe following distance with the vehicle in front of it and will accelerate and decelerate with that vehicle to maintain that safe distance. You don’t have to do anything but steer and keep your eyes on the road.
- Lane Keeping Assist – Lane drifting can be extremely dangerous. Luckily, Lane Keeping Assist keeps you in the middle of your lane by alerting you if you begin to drift and even steering you back to the center on DRIVEWiSE-equipped Kia models.
- Low Beam Assist and High Beam Assist – Illuminating dark roads is important. With both High Beam Assist and Low Beam Assist on DRIVEWiSE-equipped Kia models, you’ll be able to worry about one less thing. High Beam Assist adjusts your high beams and turns them down when an oncoming vehicle is detected. Low Beam Assist, on the other hand, changes your headlight’s trajectory to bend around corners.
Safety is the Name of the Game for Kia
With Kia enjoying more Top Safety Pick and Top Safety Pick + designations from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), you may know that Kia is one of the safest brands to buy from these days.
>>>> Read More: 2019 Kia Sorento Safety Features <<<<
As one of the most technologically-adept brands on the market, however, Kia is also ahead of the game for both standard and available technology offered in their models. The overlap in this venn diagram means you get to enjoy some of the sweetest and most cutting-edge safety technology on the market today.
For more information about Kia technology or safety or to see DRIVEWiSE in person with a test drive, contact us today!