KBB.com 2017 Kia Niro Optima Hybrid Best Hybrids Under $40,000
Earth Day 2017 falls on April 22, and to mark this occasion Kelly Blue Book’s KBB.com has named some of the top eco-friendly vehicles on the market that are less than $40,000, four of which are Kia models.
Thanks to a pledge to bring more alternate-fuel vehicles to the market, Kia vehicles are reaping the praise of the KBB.com editors who named the 2017 Optima Hybrid and 2017 Niro, as well as the 2017 Optima Plug-In Hybrid and 2017 Soul EV among the most affordable hybrids on any lot! Read on for details of their category honors, and for specs of each of these eco-friendly rides!
2017 Kia Niro – 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $40,000: #4
- Hybrid crossover vehicle: Five trim levels.
- 52 mpg city, 49 mpg highway in base FE trim.
- Active Eco System.
- 54.5 available cubic feet of cargo room.
- 139 combined HP (gas engine & electric motor).
2017 Kia Optima Hybrid – 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $40,000: #5
- Hybrid sedan: Two trim levels.
- 39 mpg city, 46 mpg highway.
- 192 combined HP (gas engine & electric motor).
- Smart trunk.
- Available heated and ventilated front seats, Autonomous Emergency Braking.
2017 Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid – 5 Best Plug-In Hybrid Cars Under $40,000: #3
- Hybrid sedan: One trim level.
- 103 MPGe (miles per gallon equivalent) in electric mode.
- 40 combined MPG in gas mode.
- 202 combined HP (gas engine & electric motor).
- Heated front seats, steering wheel standard.
2017 Kia Soul EV – 5 Best Electric Cars Under $40,000: #4
- Hybrid multi-purpose vehicle: Three trim levels.
- 105 MPGe (miles per gallon equivalent).
- 93-mile driving range.
- Active Eco System.
- 49.5 cubic feet of cargo room.
Note: The Soul EV is currently available in only 10 states (CA, GA, TX, OR, WA, HI, NY, NJ, CT and MD).
Save on a Kia Niro in New Port Richey!
We will save you anywhere from $2,000 off MSRP to several thousand off MSRP on new Kia vehicles like the Niro hybrid, Optima sedan and Soul crossover at Friendly Kia, 5819 US Highway 19 in New Port Richey, Florida. We also serve the greater Tampa, Clearwater and St. Petersburg area, as well as Brooksville, Trinity, Tarpon Springs and Spring Hill. Please contact us at 877-544-6706, visit us on the lot, or come back here and visit the official Friendly Kia blog for more about Kia news or local events.
If you plan on purchasing a new or used car, please take advantage of our trade-in policy and our exclusive partnership with Kelley Blue Book KBB.com’s Trade-In Marketplace/Buying Center.