2019 Kia Sportage Safety Features
Although we often take it for granted, we ask a lot of our vehicles. Besides simply being the primary way we get from point A to point B, our cars, vans, trucks and SUVs are entrusted with providing entertainment and fun along the way. They’re also something we put ourselves and our family members into, trusting that they will do their best to not harm them in the event of an accident.
For Kia, safety is a top priority. Having won more Top Safety Pick and Top Safety Pick + awards than any other manufacturer from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, occupant security is something clearly taken seriously by our friends behind the red oval.
If you’re in the market for a stylish and street-smart compact crossover, you’ve got a great option with Kia in the 2019 Kia Sportage. It’s also, as we’ll show, one of the safest and most practical vehicles into which you can invest for you and your family’s safety and enjoyment.
What Safety Features are in the 2019 Kia Sportage?
Sure, every 2019 Kia Sportage is going to roll off the lot and into your driveway with a standard rear-view camera. However, the 2019 Kia Sportage includes other surprising standard and available safety features. Here are some of our favorites:
- Standard on SX and available on EX, Park-Assist with Front and Rear Parking Sensors helps keep you and your Sportage safe while backing into or pulling out of a parking space.
- Standard on SX and EX, Blind Spot Detection keeps an eye on the spots you’re unable to see while driving, making changing lanes something you can achieve with confidence even in limited visibility.
- This feature supports Lane Change Assist which alerts you if any vehicles are quickly approaching while you are attempting to switch lanes.
- Backing up is hard to do, but not as hard with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert. Standard on SX and EX, this innovative feature lets you know if a vehicle is approaching while you are backing up into a lane of traffic. It’s perfect for avoiding low-speed, parking lot collisions or just that awkward moment where you cut somebody off and must pretend to be sorry about it.
- Standard on SX and available on EX, Autonomous Emergency Braking takes over if it senses an impending front-end collision. By automatically applying the brakes, this system works to either avoid or minimize the severity of a front-end collision.
- Lane sway is a pretty widespread issue that undoubtedly leads to accidents every day. By simply not paying attention or being caught off guard by a gust of wind, deviating from your lane for only a second can put your vehicle and other vehicles into an unpredictable and volatile situation. Luckily, Lane Departure Warning System is onboard every SX and equipped EX 2019 Kia Sportage models to help. This system alerts you if you begin to drift out of your lane.
- In addition, every 2019 Kia Sportage includes the following safety features:
- Dual front advanced airbags
- Dual front seat-mounted side airbags
- Full-length side curtain airbags
- Rollover sensor
- 3-point seat belts for every passenger
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with intrinsically safer disc brakes on all four wheels.
- Vehicle Stability Management and Electronic Stability Control (VSM and ESC)
- Brake Assist System (BAS)
- Hill Start Assist Control (allows your Sportage to start without sliding on an upward hill)
- Downhill Brake Control
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Get the Safe and Sporty Sportage at Friendly Kia
Safety is important and that’s why we recommend the Sportage every day to both individuals and families who care about fun, personality and being able to trust their vehicle. The 2019 Sportage is dynamic and vivid – offering a luxury vehicle interior and quirky exterior that punch way above their price tag for features and reliability.
At Friendly Kia, we have Tampa Bay’s largest Kia Sportage inventory. We also have the best prices and are the only dealership in the area who are members of Kia’s esteemed Presidents Club for 2018. This honor is only given to the top 30 Kia dealerships in the United States and recognizes customer satisfaction.
If you’re in the market for a small SUV that checks every box, we’ll help you get behind the wheel of the new Sportage. Contact us today for more information or to schedule a test drive!